Microsoft today announced the general availability of several preview features as well as a new REST API version and .NET SDK that support these features. As you expect from an Azure service, these new features are also covered by the standard Azure service level agreement (SLA) and can be used in production workloads.
Following features have reached GA,
- Blob Indexer allows you to parse and index text from common file formats such as Office documents, PDF, and HTML. NOTE: CSV and JSON support is still in preview.
- Table Indexer enables you to ingest data from an Azure Table store.
- Custom Analyzers enable you to take control over the process of lexical analysis that’s performed over the content of your documents and query terms. For example, custom analyzers enable support for Phonetic search. For more information, read more on custom analyzers.
- Analyze API allows you to test built-in and custom analyzers to see how the analyzer breaks text into tokens.
- ETag Support allows you to safely update index definitions, indexers, and data sources concurrently.
Read more about it here.