Microsoft today announced the general availability of Visio Online, a web-based, lightweight diagramming tool. Using Visio Online tool, users can create, edit, and share diagrams online. Just like the Visio desktop app, Visio Online comes with variety of templates including starter diagrams for basic flowcharts, process diagrams, timelines, business matrixes, SDL diagrams, and many more. After the diagram is done, they can share it with anyone in their company to view—even those without a Visio Online license.
Visio Online comes with the following features:
- Start diagramming quickly with templates, modern UI, and the familiar Office Online experience in your favorite browser.
- Create diagrams such as block diagrams, flowcharts, timelines, Specification and Description Language (SDL) diagrams, and more.
- Share your work easily as a secure web-based link, attachment, image, or PDF.
- Share feedback by adding and replying to comments online.
- Store and share your creations securely with the included 2GB of free OneDrive storage.
- It’s always up to date and web-based.
- Includes Narrator, accessibility checker, and high-contrast support.
- Licensed for commercial use.
- 24/7 phone and web support.
- Available in 25 languages.
Enterprise customers can purchase Visio Online for $5 per user per month with an annual commitment. Visio Online is available in Visio Online Plan 1. It is also included in Visio Online Plan 2 (previously Visio Pro for Office 365). If you are an iOS user, download Visio Viewer app to view and interact with Visio diagrams on the go.