Microsoft has been trying to change Skype to its new vision of Skype, having rolled out changes to the iPhone and Android phone versions of Skype. Oddly enough Skype for Windows 10 still hasn’t seen the bulk of this change and stands out starkly out of sync with a not quite Skype app. It is not quite the old Skype app, and it’s not quite the new one, just in-between.
Microsoft has updated Skype for the release preview ring, bumping it up from version 11.19.856.0 to version 12.4.676.0.
While there’s no in-app changelog, one was obtained by Aggiornamenti Lumia:
- There are many more reactions available now: You will find, for example, the new icon cube, outside, middle finger and lots of others (even happier than the ones listed above).
- It is now possible to cancel Skype conversations (first it was possible just clear normal messages and hide Skype’s.)
- New welcome screen
- You can no longer hide conversations
- You can no longer add groups to favourites
- Bug fixes and general improvements
This update is only available for release preview users, but it’ll most likely be rolling out to Windows users running the production versions over the next couple of weeks.
You can download Skype for Windows 10 from the Store link below.