Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Microsoft is still launching their Surface Duo dual-screen Android handset later this year, and ideally, they want developers to support the form factor.
This includes web developers, and to help them optimise their websites for dual-screens Microsoft is adding dual-screen support to the built-in F12 emulator in Chromium.
Microsoft, of course, is not the only one making a folding phone, and the emulator supports both the Surface Duo and the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
The emulator, therefore, supports both hinged and non-hinged devices, with the option of showing a bezel for the hinged devices.
In total the emulator will support:
- Two devices are added. Surface Duo and Galaxy Fold
- Device orientation spec is extended to include dual-screen mode: horizontal spanned and vertical spanned.
- Device may have a hinge in dual screen mode, which is shown if provided.
- Emulation bar has an extra button to span: extending the device view from single screen to dual screen. New icons are added.
- Rotation and other emulation related functions work fine with the presence of a hinge.
It should be available soon under an experimental flag.