Earlier this year Facebook announced HD videos and photos for Messenger on iOS and Android. The firm has now brought this updated app to the Windows 10 desktop app, so users can now share HQ media to others with the store app.
Here’s the changelog, via WinBlogItalia:
- Message Reactions – Clicking with the right or with a long touch on a message, you can add a reaction. The reactions to the messages can be disabled for every single chat by clicking the name of the contact, in Notifications> Reactions to messages.
- New search interface – Touching the search bar in the home will show people, companies and contacts recommended before starting to write something.
- New Settings interface – Completely renewed the Settings section. The name with the profile picture will be displayed in large at the top. Following are the new item Availability, the ability to change the user name and other items that were already present previously.
- Contents in HD – In Settings> Photos, videos and emoji you can select the option Always send in HD to send videos and photos in higher resolution.
- Availability – In Settings> Availability you can decide whether to allow your contacts to view when you are active on Messenger.
- Search for stickers – Clicking on the magnifying glass in the Stickers section will show different categories that group the different packages.
- Bug fixes and various improvements.