Marathon, one of the sport trackers available for your Windows Phone has been updated with a feature that continuously uploads your data while you are running. A great way for your friends and relatives to keep track of your progress during a race!
The application can be configured to post a link to Twitter and/or Facebook as soon as you start a recording. A convenient way to let everyone know what you’re up to! Live Tracking results contain the same information as any other result uploaded to www.marathon-mobile.net. Which includes a map, altitude and speed charts, interval times for every km or mile, time, speed, rank and so on. Live Tracking is available in both the free and premium version.
This update also adds translation into German for both the UI and announcements (Supported languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch and Swedish) as well as a few bug fixes. The accompanying webpage has also been updated with a new UI as well as new hardware to improve the experience even more.
Key Features in Marathon:
- Records speed, distance, calories consumed, climb/decline, etc.
- Shows charts of speed and altitude change.
- Draws your route on a map.
- Share your results to marathon-mobile.net, Twitter and Facebook.
- Voice announcements with intervals based on either time or distance.
- Earn achievements for your training (Not related to Xbox LIVE achievements).
- Pause/resume recordings.
- Ability to cut your results at the start or end.
- Inexpensive alternative to GPS watch.
- Ability to backup and restore all results.
- Export to kml, gpx and csv.
- Analyze parts of the result.
- Live Tracking – Let your friends to follow your progress online.
Premium with trial ($1.49):
See more screen shots after the break.