We recently reported that the Lumia 650 picked up support for Double Tap To Wake. The update wasn’t available over-the-air for many Lumia 650 users all around the world, but it seems like users in the UK have started receiving the feature with the new OTA update on their Lumia 650. Alongside Double Tap To Wake, the update brings:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users
If you own a Lumia 650 and live in the UK, just head over to Settings > Update & Security and check for updates — after that, you should see a new update titled “MICROSOFTMDG Update for Windows Phone..”. Once installed, just open up the Settings app, head over to Personalization > Lockscreen and enable Double Tap To Wake.