Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Logitech yesterday announced SmartDock, an AV meeting room solution designed in collaboration with Microsoft. It works with Microsoft’s Skype for Business and qualified meeting room accessories, including Logitech ConferenceCams, to provide a user-friendly touch-screen console to launch and manage video calls in any meeting space.
- With Logitech SmartDock, people can start meetings on time with one-touch join, then instantly project to the display in the room and share to remote participants via their Skype for Business clients on a smartphone or laptop.
- The Skype Room System also includes the ability to place or join an audio-only call. Now with the new Skype for Business meeting experience, users can leave their laptops behind, walk into a SmartDock-equipped conference room, and work together as if they were in the same room.
“Enterprises and individuals are today using Skype for Business for all of their daily communications needs, from phone calls to rich video meetings. As a key part of Office 365, Skype for Business enhances collaboration across office and business boundaries,” said Zig Serafin, corporate vice president of Skype for Business at Microsoft. “We are excited to see Logitech provide the first next-generation Skype Room Systems solution that brings our customers a low-cost, high-quality, consistent Skype for Business experience to every meeting space.”
Logitech SmartDock offers HDMI input and output, three USB 3.1 ports and gigabit Ethernet. In addition, a power-saving sensor conveniently activates the Logitech SmartDock when motion is detected in the meeting space, and automatically turns the display off when the room is empty.
Pricing and Availability:
Logitech SmartDock will be available through authorized distributors in the U.S., Canada, and most Western European countries later this year, with additional availability in 2017. SmartDock has an MSRP of $599/€699 and will be sold as part of a Skype Room System package. The SmartDock Extender Box has an MSRP of $249/€299. Sample Skype Room System packages include:
- Base Package: Includes Logitech SmartDock and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 loaded with Skype Room Systems software.
- Huddle Room Package with Audio and Video Capabilities: Includes Base Package and Logitech ConferenceCam CONNECT.
- Large Room Package with Audio and Video Capabilities: Includes Base Package with Extender Box, and Logitech GROUP with two expansion mics.