In September last year, LinkedIn released LinkedIn Lite mobile web experience targeting its 42 millions users in India. Last month, they announced the availability of LinkedIn Lite app for Android devices in India. Today, LinkedIn team announced that they are expanding the availability of both LinkedIn Lite mobile web experience and LinkedIn Lite app for Android devices to more than 60 countries across the world including South Africa, the Philippines and Nigeria.
LinkedIn Lite is a lighter version of LinkedIn mobile app experience that is data-efficient and works well on a 2G network too. The new LinkedIn Lite app for Android devices is less than 1 MB in size and reduces data usage by over 80%. With the LinkeIn Lite app, you can find jobs, make useful connections and get professional news even if your phone has limited storage capacity and slower internet conditions.
LinkedIn Lite features:
- Search for people, alumni, seniors, jobs and companies
- See all types of jobs including government jobs, MNC jobs, fresher jobs or entry level jobs, tech jobs, software jobs and more
- Make useful connections with people who can help you find your dream job
- Chat with your connections to get job referrals and career advice
- Make your professional profile that shows your skills, education, projects, internships and work experience
- Get the latest industry news and updates that can help you stay informed, interviews preparation, etc.