Microsoft yesterday announced the release of the January 2019 release of Visual Studio Code. This version 1.31 release comes with several new features including one of the most upvoted feature requests. You can now install and enable extensions without restarting VS Code. Microsoft has also introduced a new Screencast Mode which will highlight the cursor position and keystrokes. This feature will be useful during demonstrations. Find the full change log of this release below.
- No reload on extension install – No interruptions when you install new extensions.
- Tree UI improvements – Improved Explorer navigation and filtering, horizontal scrolling.
- Main menu updates – Redesigned Go actions menu, Edit menu Cut command.
- Multiline Problems output – See full multiline issue details in the Problems panel.
- Find All References history – Quickly rerun previous reference searches.
- Semantic selection for HTML, CSS, and JSON – Expand/shrink selection based on language semantics.
- Integrated Terminal reflow support – Terminal text automatically reflows as panel width changes.
- Command-based user input variables – Custom user input for task and debug configuration.
- Updated Extension API documentation – Completely rewritten with extension guides.
Source: Visual Studio