Unreal Engine 4.22 update was released recently and it comes with support for early access support for Ray Tracing and Path Tracing on Windows 10 RS5 update. This support takes full advantage of the DirectX 12 and DirectX Raytracing (DXR) with NVIDIA RTX series cards. The following ray tracing features are included in this release:
- Soft area shadowing for Directional, Point, Spot, and Rect light types.
- Accurate reflections for objects in and outside of the camera frustum.
- Soft ambient occlusion to ground objects in the scene.
- Physically correct refraction and reflection results for translucent surfaces.
- Indirect lighting from dynamic global illumination from light sources.
Unreal Engine 4.22 update now supports Holographic Remoting through the Windows Mixed Reality plugin. Using this support, Unreal apps can now stream the rendered result wirelessly to HoloLens over a Wi-Fi connection in real time. You can learn more about what’s new in this update from the source link below.
Source: Unreal Engine