Forbes reports that Just Dance 2016 for the Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U will do away with the need for game controllers, replacing with with the ubiquitous smartphone and a WIFI connection to track up to 6 dancers.
Supported handsets include the iPhone, Android and Windows Phones.
The console game will include new game modes including:
- Dance Quests Mode: Players can unlock dance quests for a chance to “beat the game” for the first time ever. In each quest, players will play a series of three songs for a chance to advance to the next set of dance quest challenges.
- Dance Party Mode: In the Dance Party mode, players can dance along with their friends and family in the classic rival mode or dance together to get the highest collective score as a group in the first ever co-op mode.
- World Video Challenge: The all-new World Video Challenge allows players to send videos of their performances to challenge friends from all around the world and dance to their scores as if they were in the same room!
Just Dance sold more than 54 million units last year and in the latest version will include a music subscription with access to more than 150 tracks at launch and more throughout the year.
The game will include hits such as:
- Want to Want Me by Jason Derulo
- Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars
- All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
- Hey Mama by David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Afrojack & Bebe Rexha
- Animals by Martin Garrix
- Blame by Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga
- Gibberish by MAX
- Hangover (BaBaBa) by Buraka Som Sistema
- I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas
- Ievan Polkka by Hatsune Miku
- Let’s Groove by Equinox Stars
- William Tell – Overture by Rossini
Just Dance 2016 will be released on October 20, 2015 in the US and October 22, 2015 in Europe on all motion-control gaming platforms, including Nintendo’s Wii, Wii U, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
See a video demo of smartphone-controlled dancing below.Source