Intel has released its first UWD (Universal Windows Drivers) for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and later. The new generation of drivers are set to replace the current Windows drivers and are optimized for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019.
Microsoft has published a full page article explaining UWD and how it is different from the current generation of drivers. In essence, UWD enables developers to create a single driver package that runs across multiple different device types, from embedded systems to tablets and desktop PCs.
Intel has released the first UWD graphics drivers which bump the drivers to v22.214.171.12444. The new graphics drivers are available for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and later and is available just for 64-bit Operating System. The new drivers also bring improvements to the overall performance as well as support for the following games.
- Fallout 4
- Far Cry 5
- FIFA 18
- Path of Exile
- The Sims 4
- Borderlands 2
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS
- Rocket League
- Witcher 3
- Farming Simulator 2019
Apart from that, the new graphics driver update also brings the following improvements:
- Automatic Game Tuning Feature Updates.
- Reduces RAM consumption when using OpenGL.
- Improves battery life when using Display Refresh Rate Switching (DRRS) on supported monitors.
- Vulkan Driver Stability Improvements.
The update also fixes issues in the previous drivers and improves the overall performance.
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in NBA 2K19, FIFA 19 (DX12), Assassin’s Creed: Origins.
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, FIFA 19 (DX12), World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (DX12).
- Windows Advanced Display Settings may show incorrect bit-depth on some primary monitors which leads to inaccurate colors.
- Custom Resolution 980 x 588 @ 60 Hz may not get added in capable resolutions.
- Three or more virtual displays may not be supported in Extended Configuration (ED) mode.
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur when using Miracast* in extended mode on Intel® Pentium® Silver and Intel® Celeron® Processors
- Minor performance regression may be observed in 100.6373 in Battlefield IV and Dragon Age Inquisition.
If you have Intel hardware then you can head to the download page here. Intel has made the drivers available only in .exe format to make sure the legacy drivers are removed completely.