Reliable sources have told WMPU that the HTC Obsession, HTCâ€™s rumoured 3.7 inch AMOLED smartphone set to come later this year, will be coming to AT&T and T-Mobile USA as the HTC Diamond3.
They were also able to confirm a time scale â€“ the smartphone was intended to ship as early as June 2010, but may be delayed somewhat. Despite the plans to come so early, the smartphone is definitely a Windows Mobile 7 device, and will not be coming in a WM 6.5 version first.
A reminded of the specs of the device below:
The full specs are below.
- CPU: Qualcomm QSD8250; 1GHz
- GSM HSDPA
- Device Size: 112 x 56 x 11.7 mm
- Memory (RAM/ROM): 512MB/512MB
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Screen Size/Type: 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED â€œMultitouch Supportedâ€
- Camera: 5.0 Megapixel AF with flash; HD 720p [email protected] 25fps
- Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
- Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3 (.mp3)
- Battery: Removable 1230 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
- Standby Time: 240 hours
- Internet Use: 6 hours (3G), 7.5 hours (WiFi)
- Video Playback: 7 hours
- Audio Playback: 24 hours
Unlike previous Diamonds the device will not be coming in a CDMA version, following poor sales of the last Diamond.
In some ways the branding will be reassuring to HTC HD2 owners, who would prefer not to see their investment superseded so quickly with an HD3.
Follow us on twitter.com/wmpoweruser for more Windows Mobile 7 news and rumours.