Microsoft today announced the new Office Insider program that will allow Office 365 customers to access new features from Office before the public release. You can sign-up for Office Insider Program by following below programs. Office Insider is a preview program for consumer Office 365 customers. If you are a commercial Office 365 subscriber and would like to get early access to new features, opt-in to Office 365 First Release.
- PC for home use: To set up Office Insider on your PC, visit the Additional Install Options page of My Account, signing in with your Office 365 subscription credentials if needed. Then, choose an Insider option from the Version drop down menu, click Install, and follow the on-screen instructions. If you already have Office 365 installed on your PC it isn’t necessary to uninstall, you’ll just be updated to the Office Insider build. If you don’t see an Insider option in the Version menu, it’s most likely that you don’t have an active Office 365 subscription.
- PC for business use: Office 365 business and enterprise users can join First Release.
- Android: To become an Insider on your Android device, join the Office Insider for Android community and then select the app you want to test: Word | PowerPoint | Excel.
- Office Mobile on Windows 10: To become an Insider for Office Mobile, you can join the Windows Insider program.
How to opt-out of Office Insider program:
- Office 365 Home subscribers can visit the Additional Install Options page of My Account and choose one of the other options when installing Office.
- If you have an Office 365 business plan, you must first disable First Release. To do so, have your IT Admin go to the Office 365 admin center, then go to Service Settings -> Updates and select the Standard option.
- Android users can uninstall the Office Insider apps and reinstall from the Google Play store: Word | PowerPoint | Excel.
- If you have Office Mobile you can visit Launch Settings by either selecting Start > Settings or pressing Windows key + I, and then take the following steps:
- Click Update and Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Under Get Insider builds click Stop Insider Builds.