Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Sets is a feature introduced in Windows 10 RS5 and promised for the next version of Windows. It has been received warmly by the tech press and insiders alike, being an extension of a long-requested feature in Windows first leaked as tabbed shell.
Sets is a feature that turns every app into an extension of Edge, with the ability to open other apps as Windows. It automatically works for all Universal Windows Apps, but apps Win32 apps will take some more work before they can be integrated into Sets. Already apps like Firefox show us how a browser app can be integrated with sets, and it’ll only get better as time goes on.
How to customise Sets in Windows 10
- Open the Settings app and navigate to System > Multitasking.
- Scroll down to the “Sets” sub-menu. You’ll be presented with three options.
- You can customise what alt-tab shows when pressed. You’ll be able to choose whether you simply see app Windows, or whether you see Windows and Tabs in Sets individually.
- You can also control how apps open, and choose whether they open in Windows or whether they open in apps or Windows.
- Microsoft offers the option to turn off the ability to use Sets and tabs for individual apps. There’s sub menu where you can select which apps show up in sets. Once an app is de-selected, upon launching it, it’ll no longer launch in a tabbed view.