HP’s Elite x3 received a minor firmware update earlier this week, updating the phone up to version 0002.0000.0023.0113.
While there wasn’t initially a changelog available on release date, there’s now one floating around(via Neowin) detailing the bug fixes and known issues in this update.
Here’s what’s new:
- Camera: Auto focus tuning updated.
- Camera:Face detection tuning updated.
- Carriers: APN updated Turkish, Vodafone, EE, Spark, China Telecom, Spark, Orange France.
- Performance Times for application launch are improved.
- Laggy video playback on wired connection with laptop dock is fixed.
- Stability :Device reboots repeatedly when reaching lock screen on boot up is fixed. Issue observed more frequently when “Hey Cortana” is enabled.
- Stability Device reboots repeatedly on phone factory reset is fixed.
- System: HP G2 USB-C dock firmware update is supported.
- USB: Mouse insert causes phone to enter charging mode is fixed.
There are a few known issues as well (albeit ones which *should be obvious* but which HP feels the need to detail for some reason;
- Apps: Skype for Business app cannot be launched from Continuum external display.
- Connectivity: LAN port of HP desk dock does not have UI configurations.
- Security: Too many failed unlock attempts, the device will be locked for security reasons. User can unlock the device at https://account.microsoft.com/devices.
You can snag the update by hedding into Settings > Security > Phone Update, although the rollout might be limited by your region and carrier (in some cases).