Windows 10 looks pretty good right now. However, some users have been complaining about the background colors on Windows Apps aka Metro Apps. If you’re one of them, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a simple registry hack to get monochromatic icons on the taskbar. To get monochromatic icons on the taskbar, just follow the following steps:
- Open Registry Editor (Search for regedit.exe)
- Head over to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced
- Search for ImmersiveIconBackgroundSize, click Modify and change the value to “0”, then click “OK”
- Restart your PC or restart the File Explorer via Task Manager
- You should now have monochromatic icons for Windows Apps on your taskbar
What do you think of the monochromatic icons? Discuss in the comment section below!