– Places of interest: Selectable icons and labels on the map allow you to choose prominent businesses or places of interest in order to see business info, reviews, photos, Wikipedia articles, and a lot of other local information. To select an icon or label, use the 5-way pad or joystick to pan it to the center of the screen or tap it on touchscreen phones. Learn more about these icons and labels already available on maps.google.com.
– Favorite Places (English only): Explore the favorite places of local experts from cities around the world. Find out where they like to go, and why, from their own perspectives. From the Maps main menu, go to ‘Layers’ > ‘More Layers’ > ‘Favorite places.’ You can also see these on your computer by going to http://google.com/favoriteplaces.
Layers: The "More Layers" list of layers is now organized as a tree of layer categories.
– Samsung i8910: Fixes for crashes during usage.
– Nokia 5800, and N97: Fixes for crashes during usage. Crashes on start-up for users on certain carriers are still being investigated. Some users report workarounds by using WiFi access points only, removing extra saved access points, or resetting Maps (‘Options’ > ‘Tools’ > ‘Reset Google Maps).
– Other minor performance fixes
Get it at http://m.google.com/maps