Apple is expected to reveal the new Apple Watch Series 5 next week with advanced sleep tracking features. At IFA 2019, Garmin today announced Venu, a new smartwatch to compete with Apple Watch.
Just like Apple Watch, Venu features an AMOLED display with support for live watch faces and 40+ on-device animated workouts. Garmin claims that Venu can last up to 5 days in smartwatch mode and up to 6 hours in GPS + music mode. Also, Venu is compatible with any smartphone running iOS and Android.
Another unique thing about Venu is that it comes with the broadest range of 24/7 health monitoring, including advanced sleep with pulse ox, new respiration tracking, abnormal heartrate alerts, menstrual cycle tracking, stress tracking with relax reminders, new hydration tracking, new breathwork activities and more. The unique Body Battery energy monitoring feature allows users to check energy levels at any given moment.
The Venu is also compatible with Garmin Coach feature through which users can get free training plans adapted to their goals and performance, complete with a virtual personal trainer for added motivation.
Other Garmin Venu features:
- Notifications: Receive smart notifications3 for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates, calendar reminders and more. Android users can reply to text messages from the device.
- Music: Download songs or playlists4, including those from third-party music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, right to the wrist.
- Safety and tracking: Incident detection (during select activities3) and assistance send real-time location to emergency contacts.
- Garmin Pay with Transit: Contactless payment solution5 lets users leave their cash and cards at home. Garmin Pay can now be used at major transit systems around the world. Users simply tap and pay-per-ride with their watch – no transit card, phone or wallet needed.
- Personalization: Choose from a variety of gorgeous live watch faces, apps and widgets from the Garmin Connect IQ store app. Users can even upload their own photos and turn them into watch faces.
The Venu smartwatch will be available in black with gold hardware, light sand with rose gold hardware, granite blue with silver hardware, and black with slate hardware. It will be available for $399 later this month.
In addition to Venu, Garmin today announced the new vívoactive 4 and 4S GPS smartwatches with enhanced health monitoring and new animated on-screen workouts. Garmin also announced the the latest vívomove series with new advanced wellness features, connected GPS and Garmin Pay.