We have written about G-Invaders before. At that time is was little more than a tech demo, showing how the accelerometer in the HTC Touch Diamond can be used to control a space-invader type game. Since then the developer has been very busy, and has been turning the demo into a real game. Currently at version 0.4 the software now features:
- 4 different difficulty levels
- 70 levels in 10 galaxies
- more enemies
- bombs which destroy all visible aliens
- extra life every 25 Shields upgrades
- helper ship every 10 Weapon upgrades
- high score list
- saving and loading of game states
- use of scroll wheel
- calibration of tilt sensor
See the video below of the game in action. Apologies for the cinematography – its difficult to video a constantly moving screen.
Download the game from this XDA-Developers thread here.