Microsoft is pushing out a firmware update to the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL to some handsets in USA and Europe.
My 950 XL has not seen the handset yet, but a number of users have reported that the software is now rolling out. The WC reports it is the same update as Microsoft trailed earlier in the month which brings the much-needed Double Tap to Wake feature to the handset.
The changelog for that update includes:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
Check if your handset is included by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Screen shot via Ginny