Mozilla Firefox 67 is now available for download and it comes with improved performance, new privacy features, accessibility improvements and more. To make Firefox faster than ever, Mozilla made several changes including skipping a bunch of unnecessary work during subsequent start-ups, suspending idle tabs and more. You can read about other features included in this Firefox 67 release below.
- Users can block known cryptominers and fingerprinters in the Custom settings of their Content Blocking preferences.
- Keyboard accessibility has improved in the latest version of Firefox. Toolbar and toolbar overflow menu are both fully keyboard accessible: keyboard users can now access add-ons, the downloads panel, the overflow, Page actions and Firefox menus, and much more.
- Private Browsing sees both usability and security improvements:
- Save passwords in private browsing mode
- Choose which extensions to exclude from private tabs
- A myriad of new features help make Firefox easier to use:
- We’ve added a toolbar menu for your Firefox Account to provide more transparency for when you are synced, sharing data across devices and with Firefox. Personalize the appearance of the menu with your own avatar
- Tabs can now be pinned from the Page Actions menu in the address bar
- Firefox will highlight useful features (like Pin Tabs) when users are most likely to benefit from them.
- Easier access to your list of saved logins from the main menu and login autocomplete.
- The Import Data from Another Browser feature is now also available from the File menu
- Users will be able to run different Firefox installs side by side by default so that you can run the beta and release versions simultaneously
- Firefox will now protect you against running older versions of the browser which can lead to data corruption and stability issues
- Firefox is upgrading to the newer, higher performance, AV1 decoder known as ‘dav1d’
- WebRender is gradually enabled by default on Windows 10 desktops with NVIDIA graphics cards
- Enable FIDO U2F API, and permit registrations for Google Accounts
- Some users will see experiments with an improved Pocket experience in Firefox Home with different layouts and more topical content.
You can download the latest version of Firefox Quantum here.