3D puzzle game ‘Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey’ is coming to both Xbox One and PS4 on March 23 2017. Deep Silver will publish the title, and it will include all five episodes released on PC since 2014. The title was funded on Kickstarter, eventually raising $1.5 million. The title is the sequel to 2006’s ‘Dreamfall: The Longest Journey’, which started from 1999’s ‘The Longest Journey’.
The title is set in two parallel universes: Stark, a cyberpunk future Earth, and Arcadia, its magical fantasy counterpart. Chapters takes place in 2220 CE and continues the story of Dreamfall, whose protagonist Zoë Castillo had uncovered a criminal conspiracy that aimed to enslave both Stark and Arcadia by stealing their residents’ dreams. Although Zoë managed to disrupt the conspirators’ plans, she was betrayed and left in a coma at the end of Dreamfall, and has to find her purpose in life again in Chapters.
ABOUT THIS GAME
YOUR PURCHASE OF DREAMFALL CHAPTERS INCLUDES ALL FIVE EPISODES.
Dreamfall Chapters is the follow-up to award-winning adventures The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey: a story about choices and consequences, dreams and reality, magic and science, chaos and order, and the broken heroes whose actions will shape the course of history in all worlds.
Set in parallel worlds — one a dark cyberpunk vision of the future, the other a magical fantasy realm — the game follows two unlikely heroes on their journeys across worlds to save the very fabric of reality from the Undreaming. Dreamfall Chapters is a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heartbreaking adventure that will take you by surprise.
With a brand new storyline and a fresh cast of characters, Dreamfall Chapters introduces new players to The Longest Journey saga, while returning players will get the conclusion they have been waiting for since the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
- Experience a deep and emotional storyline that continues the epic saga of The Longest Journey — an award-winning story the New York Times called “compelling” and “terrific”
- Sequel to acclaimed Adventure Game of the Year, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. A recap of Dreamfall is available in-game for new players
- Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- Connect your game and see the choices your Steam and Facebook friends have made before making your own, and share your decisions with everyone playing the game
- Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of the future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
The title will be $29.99 when it’s released. You can check out the the announcement trailer for the title below.