ISOs for the Windows 10 Creators Update are now available for download. Advanced users can now use the ISOs for the Creators Update to clean-install Windows 10 on their machine or try it out on a virtual machine. While the Creators Update is set to be released on April 11, the ISOs for the update was released a week earlier. Here’s how you can get the Windows 10 Creators Update ISOs for yourself.
If you are running Windows 10
Firstly, you can get the Windows 10 Creators Update ISOs using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool. You will first need to get the tool from here (warning: link directly starts downloading the tool). Once downloaded, simply open the .exe file and follow the instructions below:
- Accept the license terms and applicable notices
- Select the “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC” option and hit Next
- You will now be able to select the architecture, edition, and language for the ISO
- You can either use the recommended options for your PC (this is basically the current edition, architecture, and language that is installed on your PC)
- Or you can change the options if you need
- Once you hit next, the tool will let you burn the ISO to your USB flash drive or download it as an ISO file
- If you select USB Flash drive, it will ask you to choose the USB you want to burn the ISO to
- And if you choose the ISO download, it will let you choose the download location for the ISO
- Hit next, and the tool will now start downloading the ISO, and this step may take a while depending on your internet speed
If you are not running Windows 10
If you are not running Windows 10, getting the ISOs for the Creators Update is actually slightly easier. All you have to do is head over to Microsoft’s official website here. After that, follow the instructions below:
- Under the “Select edition” section on the web page, select the “Windows 10” option under the “Windows 10 Creators Update” section in the dropdown. (If you want to download ISOs for Windows 10 N or Windows 10 Single Language SKUs, you can choose any of those two options instead.)
- Go ahead and confirm the Windows 10 edition you want to download, and then choose the language for the ISO.
- Lastly, the web page will let you download the 64-bit and 32-bit ISOs for the Creators Update — select the architecture you want to download, and it will automatically start downloading the ISO.
So there you have it, downloading ISOs for the Creators Update is really easy if you know what you’re doing. You can now use the ISO to perform a clean install on your machine, try it out on a Mac via Bootcamp or even on a VM.