Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Google announced several updates to its Cast.
- A centralized control hub within the Android System UI allows users to switch media playback between devices, including TVs, speakers, smart displays, and the Pixel Tablet.
- A new feature on Pixel Pro phones enables seamless music transfer to a docked Pixel Tablet by simply bringing the devices close together.
- The Cast icon remains visible even when Wi-Fi is unavailable, providing users with troubleshooting guidance and device discovery information.
- Web Receiver applications streaming HLS content can utilize Shaka Player for improved playback performance.
- More devices, including LG TVs, new TCL models, and Hisense speakers, now offer Chromecast built-in functionality, increasing the total to over 220 million active Google TV and Android TV OS devices.
The updates provide developers with new tools and functionalities to enhance the casting experience within their apps. Integration options include Output Switcher support, improved short-form video casting capabilities, and background casting functionalities.
Other than this, we also have:
- Developers can now access tools for smoother background casting transitions and remote-to-local device media transfer.
- They can integrate Google Cast support into their short-form video apps, facilitating content casting from platforms like TikTok and YouTube Shorts.
Does this turn Cast better than Apple AirPlay?