Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Brave Browser is celebrated for its robust privacy features, one of which is its built-in adblocker. While this feature is invaluable for many, there are instances where users might want to disable it, either to support content creators or to ensure website functionality. If you’re looking to turn off the adblocker in Brave, here’s a comprehensive guide to assist you:
- Open Brave Browser:
- Access Brave’s Settings:
- Click on the three vertical dots (or the ‘hamburger menu’) located at the top right corner.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
- Head to the Shields Section:
- In the settings menu, navigate to the “Shields” section. This is where Brave houses its adblocking and tracking protection settings.
- Locate the Adblock Settings:
- Within the “Shields” section, you’ll find an option labeled “Block Ads and Tracking.” This is Brave’s built-in adblocker.
- Disable Adblock:
- Click on the dropdown menu next to “Block Ads and Tracking” and select “Disabled.” This action will turn off the adblocker for all websites. If you wish to disable it for a specific site, you can do so by clicking on the Brave icon (lion head) in the address bar when visiting that site and toggling off “Ads and Trackers.”
- Review & Continue Browsing:
- Once you’ve disabled the adblocker, you can continue browsing as usual. Remember, by disabling the adblocker, you might see ads on websites, but this can sometimes be essential for the proper functioning of certain web pages or to support free content online.
Conclusion: Disabling the adblocker in Brave is straightforward, giving users the flexibility to customize their online experience. Whether you’re troubleshooting a website issue or choosing to view ads, this guide ensures you can navigate Brave’s settings with ease. For more tips and tricks on using Brave, check out our guides on blocking specific websites and managing your reading list.