Initially created for my mother’s sole use, Pillbox was designed with a single focus: simplicity. Every user interface element was built to reduce the number of interactions you will need in order to accomplish the app’s core task — setting up medicine reminders. In total, Pillbox consists of a number of appealing features:
- Straightforward user experience
- Reminder notifications that will ring persistently until you dismiss the alarm to ensure you have been alerted
- Ability to toggle reminders depending on the medicine
- An intuitive list of medicines to take for the current day
- Synchronized data across all your Windows 10 devices
- Backup and restore to your OneDrive
- Include the dosage or number of pills to take for each reminder time
In addition to these features, Pillbox has also been optimized for scale. Because my mother used over 10 different medications, the app was tested rigorously for stability and speed while increasing the number of pill entries. Reliability was important as well, and thus the notification system was tested for 2 months before a public beta to ensure that alarms were triggered at the correct time.
But Pillbox’s improvement will not stop here. To this day, new features are continuously added to the app, and existing features are further refined to meet the needs of the masses. New features in development include support for tags that will display the prescribed patient(s) for each medicine, support for vitamins and supplements, and new languages.
Pillbox is free to download and use for up to 5 medicines. It costs a one-time fee of $2 USD to use more than 5 medicines. All other features described earlier are available to both free and unlocked versions.
So whether you need an app to remind yourself of medications or an app to manage the medications of your loved ones, Pillbox was made for you. Download it now!