Along with the new XPS 15 and XPS 17 laptops, Dell today announced a new consumer service called Dell Migrate. Dell Migrate allows anyone to easily migrate their data and important files from any Windows 8 or higher PC (regardless of manufacturer) to their new Dell PC. Users can can prioritize and move the most important files first, and resume working immediately on files without waiting for the full process to complete.
Dell Migrate highlights:
- Customers can migrate data and settings from any Windows 8 PC, regardless of manufacturer, to their new Dell Alienware, G Series, Inspiron and XPS systems
- No additional equipment is required o Dell Migrate discovers data in locations beyond the normal directory and migrates it
- There is no limit to how much data you can migrate
- The tool provides real-time estimates of how much drive space will be used before migration begins
- Customizable drive mapping helps you easily consolidate data onto your new machine
- The process is easy and automated with no restart required
- Users can work and play on the new Dell PC while the data migration happens
Dell Migrate service is now available for purchase in the US for $39. The tool is delivered through the SupportAssist interface, which is preinstalled on all Dell Consumer PCs.