VLC Remote is a Windows Phone app designed to control the VLC media player running on your PC.
The app was recently involved in a controversy when Microsoft removed it from the store, likely because it used the VLC logo.
The app is back now, and Hobbyist Software has decided to take advantage of the attention by offering the app, normally $1.99, for free.
- Easily control VLC from your sofa!
- Works with VLC on your Mac, PC or Linux machine
- Stop, Play and Pause
- Full DVD controls
- Control volume, position, next track and previous track
- Turn fullscreen on and off
- Control subtitles, aspect ratio, audio track and delays
- Use the picker control for fine control of volume and position
- View the playlist and play files from it
- Free setup helper quickly configures VLC for use with the remote
The app is particularly useful if you occasionally hook up your laptop to your big screen to watch a movie, but still want to control it from your couch without using a mouse.
Take advantage of the deal by downloading it from the Windows Phone Store here.