Microsoft today announced that the Blu-ray disc player on Xbox One now supports bitstream passthrough, which allows your receiver to decode audio natively. All bitstream formats are supported, including newer ones like Dolby Atmos. Enable it by following the below steps.
- Ensure your console is connected via HDMI to a device that supports decoding of Blu-ray audio formats.
- Make sure you have the latest Blu-ray player by checking the “Updates” tab under “My Games & Apps.”
- Enable “Let my receiver decode audio” under the “Disc & Blu-ray” settings page.
- Insert your favorite DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Kick back and enjoy the highest quality audio from your movies and TV shows.
If you are not seeng the option, reboot your console and select it from the Blu-ray settings page.