The web is no longer the workplace of the future, it is now the workplace of the present, and it comes with its own set of unique challenges. For example, how long can one focus on a Google Doc or Office Online project when YouTube and Reddit lurk just a click away? You may be doing research into the history of the Polish people, but TV Tropes is ready to steal your hours, and so on. While OS makers have created distraction-free tools for apps, no mainstream ones have offered users the options to save us from ourselves on the web.
The Block Site extension is one which fills that niche. With one click, users can block a site from loading on their computer.
- Control Your Browsing: Set up the sites you want to be redirected to. Make sure your internet usage is productive and effective. Block social media sites, adult content, gambling sites, adware or malware popups or any other sites you find disturbing.
- Password Protection & Uninstall Prevention: Avoid distractions and harmful websites by blocking inappropriate or distracting sites and locking settings with a password of your choosing. You can also request an email be sent to you should someone try to uninstall BlockSite.
- Improve Productivity: Right-click anywhere on any website to open the quick access menu. Block sites in seconds to avoid procrastination and stay on target.
- Enjoy Even When You’re Incognito: All Block Site functionality can also work in Incognito mode. Simply go to the Block Site about page, follow the simple instructions and enjoy Block Site even when you’re off the grid.
- Block by Keywords: Block sites and search queries on search engines like Google or Bing, based on specific words. Make sure you choose what to block wisely, so Keyword Block will only stop the sites and pages you’re not interested in.
- Block For Specific Times: Choose days and intervals in which you want Block site to be active. Set up custom blocks based on your work schedule (for example: 09:00 – 17:00), so you won’t procrastinate during the day, when at work or at school.
- Switch Between Blacklists & Whitelists: Create a list of friendly sites, and switch from blocking specific sites to only allowing certain sites to work.