Microsoft today updated their Battery Saver app to v1.0.15075.83 for Windows Phone 8.1 devices. This is a minor update with no new features. It fixes couple of bugs listed below,
New features (1.0.15075.83):
• Fixed an incorrect Chinese (zh-CN) translation.
• Fixed an issue where a string would incorrectly be shown in the settings panel.
Previous update of this app was a major one which included the following new features,
New features (1.0.14201.0):
• Foreground vs Background metrics: Usage bars now show foreground and background showing you how much power a particular app consumes whether you’re using it or not using it
• Time Filters: We’ve added a filter also in the usage view where you can now specify the timeframe of data to look at. Can now show data from the last day, 2 days or a week
• What Does Battery saver do anyway?: Re-worded the settings page to more clearly indicate what battery saver mode does
• Real Time Live Tile: If you pin the battery saver app to start, it now updates in real time! (Requires build 8.1.14203 or higher.)
• Quick Settings: You can now add battery saver to the quick settings menu and cycle through the battery saver options there. (Requires build 8.1.14203 or higher.)
• Turn On until next charge: We added a new option to let users turn on battery saver until next charge!
• Improved Battery usage scaling: The usage data now scales to actual device battery capacity with full width mapping to 100% capacity. Additionally, the bars now use a logarithmic scaling algorithm to make the bars more visible when usage is small for a particular app.
Download the app here from Windows Phone Store.