At Computex 2018 today, ASUS announced the updated VivoBook Series laptops. The new VivoBook S15 and S14 come with all new lightweight design with unique color combinations and a choice of textured finishes. Finally, someone has decided to do something about boring traditional laptop colors. You have got following colors to choose from:
- Firmament Green: With an air of mystery and charm, this color option features a graduated finish that hints at all the possibilities of a bright future.
- Star Grey: A familiar classic is updated with a flash of red along its flanks. Think of it as the introvert who knows how to have a little fun.
- Silver Blue: Optimistic and cheerful, Silver Blue features bright yellow accents along its side. It’s definitely a color of the future.
- Gun Metal: A longtime favorite, it’s a color of maturity and reliability.
- Icicle Gold: The color for perseverance and elegance, Icicle Gold embodies true luxury.
Apart from the colors, ASUS has also included its precision-engineered ErgoLift hinge in these laptops. The new hinge has a silky-smooth dual action that holds the display securely at any angle, and slightly tilts the keyboard up by 3.5° to give you a perfect typing position every time. The ErgoLift hinge also improves cooling of the laptop.
The new NanoEdge display on VivoBook comes with an 86% screen-to-body ratio allowing you to enjoy more content without distraction. The 15.6-inch S15 weighs only 1.8kg, while the 14-inch S14 has an overall weight of 1.4kg.
They are powered by up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 CPUs, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA MX150 GPU and up to 2TB HDD + 512GB SSD storage. There is a fingerprint sensor that’s integrated into the touchpad for Windows Hello login. A USB Type-C port ensures fast data transfer speeds and the fast-charging feature helps recharge a low battery to 60% in just 49 minutes.
ASUS VivoBook S15 and S14 will be available globally starting July 2018.