At CES 2019, ASUS announced ZenBook S13 (UX392) with a 13.9-inch FHD frameless four-sided NanoEdge display. According to ASUS, ZenBook S13 has the world’s slimmest bezels and 97% screen-to-body ratio. The new ZenBook S13 is powered by NVIDIA GeForce MX150 discrete graphics, 8th Gen Intel Core quad-core processor, up to 1TB of PCIe x4 SSD storage, and 50Wh battery to offer up to 15 hours of battery life.
The ZenBook S13 comes with a standard USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port on one side, and two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C ports on the other side. You also got a 3.5-mm audio combo jack and a MicroSD card slot.
ZenBook S13 (UX392) Highlights:
- A 2.5mm border frame the sides of the display. The thickest upper bezel accommodates the HD webcam, and also serves as a tab for lifting the laptop’s lid. Finding the tab on the lid is easier this way, allowing the user to pull the lid up in one smooth motion rather than searching for a barely-there indent on the front edge.
- The ZenBook S13 is the world’s thinnest laptop with discrete graphics.
- To ensure no space was wasted, the metal chassis is CNC-milled from a block of aluminum, allowing the lid to be carved out, complete with the complex cuts surrounding the keyboard, without creating any unnecessary voids. Machining allows the walls to remain thinner while still leaving enough material in key areas to avoid sacrificing strength, and shaving thickness in any area means more room for the components.
- The ZenBook also meets the demanding MIL-STD 810G military standards for durability, being torture-tested in harsh environments including extremes of altitude, humidity and temperature.
- The ZenBook S13 now comes in trendy Utopia Blue, a totally new hue. The subtle silvery blue makes it stand out, while the paler color shows off the signature concentric Zen ripples on the lid beautifully. Utopia Blue offsets the Rose Gold accents and diamond-cut edges for an added touch of elegance.