Apple’s all-new Apple TV app is now available for download in over 100 countries across iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs. This new app also brings support for Apple TV channels which will allow consumers to subscribe to services such as HBO, Starz, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, EPIX, Tastemade and new services like MTV Hits and watch them on demand directly in the app.
Apple TV app also supports Family Sharing allowing up to six family members to share subscriptions to Apple TV channels using their Apple ID and password. The Watch Now section in this new app features Up Next, where users can quickly find and watch their favorites with activity synced across devices, as well as explore expertly curated collections based on a secure and comprehensive understanding of users’ viewing interests.
- The all-new Apple TV app is available today for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV customers in over 100 countries with iOS 12.3 and tvOS 12.3, and will be available on Mac this fall.
- Starting today, the Apple TV app offering Apple TV channels and iTunes movies and TV shows will also be available on all 2019 Samsung smart TVs and select 2018 models.
- Also starting today, customers with AirPlay 2-enabled Samsung smart TVs can effortlessly play videos and other content from their iPhone, iPad or Mac directly to their smart TVs. Customers must update to iOS 12.3 or macOS 10.14.5 to play or mirror to AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs.
- Customers with eligible VIZIO, LG and Sony smart TVs will be able to enjoy AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support later this year.
- This fall, Apple TV+, Apple’s original video subscription service, will be available in the Apple TV app.