Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Apple has made its intention to transition completely to its own-designed ARM processors over the next 3 years. Apple today started its transition journey by announcing a new MacBook Air powered by Apple M1 processor at its virtual press event. Apple M1 processor is built on 5-nm processor for great power efficiency.
Apple M1 is an 8-core processor which consists of 4 high-performance cores and 4 low-performance cores. Apple claims that M1 processor can deliver peak performance offered by Intel’s 11th gen processor at just 1/4th of the power. Apple also claims that the 8-core GPU on the M1 will deliver the world’s fastest integrated graphics performance.
Apple MacBook Air highlights:
- 3.5 times faster than previous gen MacBook Air.
- 5 times faster graphics performance than previous gen MacBook Air.
- 3X faster than similar Windows laptops.
- Faster than 98% of PC laptops.
- 9X faster ML performance faster than previous gen MacBook Air.
- 2X faster SSD.
- Silent design with no fan.
- Battery life: 15 hours of wireless browsing and 18 hours of video playback.
- Better webcam with face detection to look more natural during video calls.
- P3-wide 13-inch Retina display.
- TouchID for secure authentication.
Apple MacBook with M1 processor will cost the same $999.