Along with the new MacBook Air, Apple today announced the new Mac Mini powered by the new Apple M1 chip. Apple claims that this new Mac Mini delivers 3 times faster CPU and 6 times faster graphics when compared to the previous generation Mac Mini. You can configure this new Mac Mini with up to 16GB RAM and up to 2TB SSD. It also supports 6K external display.
When compared to the previous generation, the M1-powered Mac mini can:
- Compile code in Xcode up to 3x faster.
- Play a graphics-intensive game like “Shadow of the Tomb Raider” with up to 4x higher frame rates.
- Render a complex timeline in Final Cut Pro up to 6x faster.
- Take music production to new levels by using up to 3x as many real-time plug-ins in Logic Pro.
- Magically increase the resolution of a photo in Pixelmator Pro up to 15x faster.
- Utilize ML frameworks like TensorFlow or Create ML, now accelerated by the M1 chip.
The new Apple Mac Mini will start at just $699, $100 less than the previous generation.