Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
The iPhone 12 Mini is shipping on the 13th November, but Apple has given a bunch of journalists an early hands-on with the device, and they have posted their impressions, which can be seen below:
Engadget noted that the device was speedy and powerful and that the small size allowed for easy reachability around the user interface.
The Verge compared it to the iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple’s biggest ever iPhone which is shipping on the same date, and noted that typing on the small handset took some getting used to, suggesting the small handset is best suited for small hands. They also expressed some concern about battery life, but this remains to be tested.
CNET noted that the device takes us back to the days of the iPhone 5, when phones were meant to be easily pocketed.
The iPhone 12 Mini comes with a 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR display and it packs all the same technology that are available in the regular iPhone 12. Apple claims that iPhone 12 Mini is the smallest 5G phone in the world. You can find the features of iPhone 12 mini in the below image.
- iPhone 12 mini deliver an advanced 5G experience on a global scale, engineered with a seamless integration of world-class hardware and world-class software. Featuring the most 5G bands on any smartphone, iPhone 12 models offer the broadest 5G coverage worldwide.
- A14 Bionic is the first chip in the smartphone industry built on 5-nanometer process. Faster and more efficient than ever, A14 Bionic has the fastest CPU and GPU by up to 50 percent compared to the fastest competing smartphone chips, enabling console-quality gaming experiences, powerful computational photography, and more, while delivering great battery life.
- The iPhone 12 mini features a sleek new flat-edge design with an aerospace-grade aluminum enclosure and combined with the Ceramic Shield front cover, which goes beyond glass by adding a new high temperature crystallization step that grows nano-ceramic crystals within the glass matrix, increases drop performance by 4x.
- iPhone 12 mini has an industry-leading IP68 rating for water resistance up to 6 meters for up to 30 minutes.
- This advanced camera system features the Ultra Wide camera and a new Wide camera with an ƒ/1.6 aperture, the fastest yet on iPhone, providing 27 percent more light for even more amazing low-light photos and videos. Smart HDR 3 uses ML to intelligently adjust the white balance, contrast, texture, and saturation of a photo for remarkably natural-looking images.
- iPhone 12 features the first camera to shoot HDR video with Dolby Vision and is the first and only device in the world to enable an end-to-end Dolby Vision experience, allowing customers to easily capture, edit, and share cinema-grade videos natively on iPhone.
- MagSafe delivers a unique experience to iPhone, featuring an array of magnets around the wireless charging coil, optimized for alignment and efficiency, that perfectly connects to iPhone every time. MagSafe chargers efficiently provide up to 15W of power, while still accommodating existing Qi-enabled devices.
The iPhone 12 Mini will be available starting at $699 USD on the 13th November and it will be available in black, white, red, blue, and green.