Since Android seems to be popular with not only Windows Phones owner, but iPhone owners its seems about right that I keep you updated. In a not so recent update by the XDAndroid team, they brought some pretty sexy new features to devices like the HD1, TP2, Diam2, and more.
They are working hard to get you the latest in all, and so they added over clocking ability, 2.1, and more:
Latest Update: 19 Apr 2010 (V2.1c)
- New Kernel, offering more available memory, therefore improving performance.
- Overclocking supported – Just choose ‘overclocking’ version from the installer menu
- New installer/setup – Allows a wider choice of configurations, and is more graphical. Since this is the first version with the new installer/setup, there could be some minor bugs… please let me know how the new installer looks / works.
- system.sqsh (14.04.10) + Rootfs (14.04.10) + initrd (28.03.10) + [email protected]_195348 Kernel/WiFi + conf file for NO partitions
- This is NOT a SENSE release, it is a regular Android release, but should have more stablity.
- I have abandoned the ‘Android’ subfolder on installation. This didn’t offer much value, and complicated things slightly for some users, so back to the old Root installation.
- This release (on my Blackstone) appears to be fast. Startup times are great. However, I can’t test on other devices.
- There is a chance that after installation, some Startup.txt settings MAY be incorrect for your device. If you discover any mistake, PLEASE let me know, I will correct asap. I need your help on this guys.
You can download this latest update here