At the end of September Amazon held a hardware event where they unveiled a new series of Echo products. Most were reasonable, but a few were rather oddball, including the Amazon Echo Buttons.
Echo Buttons act like game show buzzers for voice-based trivia games., enabled by the new Alexa Gadgets API, and cost $20 for 2.
Compatible Alexa Skills include Button Monte, Beat the Intro from Musicplode, and Sounds Fun with Mike Epps from Ground Control. Echo Buttons are the first of many Alexa Gadgets, a new collection of accessories that enable fun and playful Alexa experiences.
- Introducing Echo Buttons, a new way to play games through your compatible Echo device
- Each button illuminates and can be pressed to trigger a variety of play experiences powered by Alexa
- Bring back game night with a catalogue of compatible Alexa Skills such as Beat the Intro, Button Monte, and Sounds
- Fun with Mike Epps. Just ask “Alexa, what games can I play with my Echo Buttons?”
- Easy setup with an Echo (1st and 2nd Gen), Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Plus, or Echo Spot
- Connect up to 4 buttons with compatible Echo devices using Bluetooth
- Each Echo Button requires 2 AAA batteries. Includes 4 AAA batteries.
The buttons are today available for pre-order, for shipment on the 19th December 2017.
See it in action below in a video by Nicole Nguyen.
They can be picked up at Amazon here.