Acer today unveiled its new TaravelMate X3 series for Windows 10. The first device from the series, the TravelMate X349 comes with an all-aluminium chassis, which weighs just around 1.53kg (3.3 pounds), and has a thickness of only 18mm. The device comes with a fingerprint scanner, which will allow users to unlock their PC very easily. The device comes with Intel’s 6th generation processors and has a battery life of up to 10 hours. The device sports as 14-inch Full HD display, up to 8GB DD4 RAM, up to 512GB SSDs and ships with Windows 10 Pro. Acer has also included a USB Type-C port that you can use with the company’s USB Type-C Dock.
- Powered by Windows 10 Pro
- Has up to 10 hours of battery life, 6th Generation Intel Core processors, DDR4 memory and SSDs
- Enhanced usability with a brilliant Full HD IPS display that reclines 180-degrees to lie flat, and a LED backlit keyboard with a bigger, wider touchpad
- Integrated touch fingerprint sensor supports Windows Hello for fast and secure sign-in, while a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 chip increases platform integrity and provides hardware-based protection for passwords and encryption keys
- Includes a USB Type-C port for pairing with an Acer USB Type-C Dock (sold separately) to connect to up to two 4K displays, providing power and a variety of peripheral connections through a single cable.
Acer says the company’s TravelMate X349 will be available in North America in October, starting at $649.99. The company will launch the device in Europe and the Middle East in September, where prices will start from €480. Lastly, the device will also be available in China where prices start at ¥5,999.