Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Acer today announced the new Spin 7, the world’s first 5G PC powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 Compute Platform. This 2-in-1 Windows device will support both mmWave and sub-6. With this launch, Acer is joining the Windows on Snapdragon family. Acer mentioned that this device will have nine built-in antennas for great 5G network connectivity.
Features of Acer Spin 7:
- The new Spin 7 notebook utilizes the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 5G compute platform with the Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF System, which supports 5G connectivity across both mmWave and sub-6 GHz frequencies with download speeds up to 7.5 Gbps.
- The Spin 7’s design goes beyond its attractive form and seeks to empower users with a variety of form factors: notebook, tablet, tent, and presentation modes. These form factors are made possible by Acer’s 360-degree hinge design, which also slightly elevates the chassis while in notebook mode to offer a more ergonomic typing experience.
- The notebook’s chassis also houses an Acer Active Stylus, a rechargeable stylus with 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity that employs Wacom AES 1.0 to offer users an authentic sketching or note-taking experience on the device’s touch screen.
- The Spin 7 is a 14-inch convertible notebook designed for style-conscious professionals, featuring a polished-looking steam blue chassis offset by gold accents.
- A magnesium-aluminum alloy body allows the body to measure in at just 1.4 kg and 15.9 mm thin, making it portable enough to practically disappear into a backpack or briefcase.
- This attention to detail extends to the notebook’s 14-inch Full HD IPS display, which covers 100% of the sRGB gamut, allowing for vivid and sharp colors.
- The touch screen is covered by a layer of Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass. A BPR & EPA-compliant silver-ion antimicrobial agent in the coating on the keyboard, touchpad and surrounding surface is proven to show a consistently high microbial reduction rate against a broad range of bacteria under the JIS Z 2801 & ISO 22196 test protocol.