Acer first unveiled the Acer Predator 21 X monster gaming laptop at IFA 2016 in August. Now the company has announced full specs, pricing and availability of the device.
To put it simply, the Predator 21 X is really, really powerful. It has two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs, a overclockable 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK processor, and five cooling fans to keep the device cool. With the Predator 21 X, you can get up to 4 TB of SSD storage, which is quite a lot — for a laptop, at least. You can also get up to 64GB of RAM on the Predator 21 X — and if this wasn’t enough, Acer has also included Tobii eye tracking. There’s also a mechanical keyboard built into the laptop, 4.2 sound system and most importantly, a curved 21-inch display (a 2560×1080 IPS display).
Acer’s proprietary Killer DoubleShot Pro automatically picks the fastest network connection (Ethernet or wireless) and sends all high priority traffic over that interface while standard traffic is sent over the other. This ensures the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link.
Its full-sized mechanical keyboard features Cherry® MX Brown switches with individually programmable backlit keys, offering 16.7 million color options. Customers can swap out the black W, A, S and D keys with teal ones using the included accessory kit. Its unique numeric keypad can be flipped over and used as a Precision Touchpad.
The Predator 21 X features a new three-way (tweeter, midrange, woofer) audio design which produces Hi-Fi quality sound and is powered by four speakers (two tweeters, two midrange) and 2 subwoofers to produce a full spectrum of sound.
Cooling is achieved via an advanced cooling architecture consisting of five system fans (including three ultra-thin AeroBlade™ metal fans) and nine heat pipes. It also includes Acer DustDefender, which removes dust build-up and improves heat dissipation, and Acer’s CoolBoost app, that can be used to adjust the fans’ airflow to deliver extra cooling performance during heavy use.
Here are some of the key features of the device:
- Powered by Windows 10
- Curved 21-inch IPS display (2560 x 1080 resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate), with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology
- Features the latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7820HK processor
- Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI for unmatched graphics performance
- 64GB of DDR4-2400 memory
- Up to four 512GB solid state drives in RAID 0 configuration (including 2 NVMe PCIe SSDs, which are up to 5x faster than SATA SSDs)
- A 7200 RPM hard drive with up to a 2TB capacity.
- Full-sized mechanical keyboard featuring CherryMX switches, with customizable RGB backlight settings for each individual key.
- SoundPound2+ (4 speakers and 2 subwoofers), 3-way audio and Dolby audio
- Advanced cooling architecture with 5 system fans, 3 of which are ultra-thinAeroBlade metal fans, to extract excess heat for uninterrupted performance during intense sessions
- The Predator 21 X’s numeric keypad also touts a unique design as it can be flipped over and turned into a Precision trackpad
The notebook ships with a blue dragon graphic on the panel, or customers can add a design, flag and laser engraved name to the notebook’s maintenance panel.
The Predator 21 X will be available in North America in February with U.S. prices starting at $8,999; and in EMEA in February with prices starting at €9,999.
See a gallery of images of the device below: