Microsoft’s AltspaceVR yesterday announced a new easy way for anyone to create their own sharable space in virtual reality. You can just drag and drop objects in a space on AltspaceVR-compatible headsets like Oculus Go and Gear VR. Once you have created your space, you can share it with others to join it. For now, AltspaceVR has only released basic kits to build the environment. But it is planning to release more kits in the future so that you can have more options to customize your world. This update also comes with several other improvements, read about them below.
- create virtual hangout spaces for friends and community.
- create custom versions of Campfire and Alien Planet.
- host multiplayer social games in VR.
- import and showcase all your in-world photography snaps.
- add teleporters to common spaces (Campfire/Origin) or straight to your friends’ world.
- change the mood of your World with different skies and sounds.
- create labels.
Learn more about this announcement here.