The Windows Terminal is a new terminal application from Microsoft that offers command-line tools and shells like Command Prompt, PowerShell, and WSL. Microsoft today released v0.7 update for Windows Terminal app in Microsoft Store. This is a major update with several new features including support for multiple panes, tab reordering, UI Improvements and more. Read about these new features in detail below.
You are now able to split your Terminal window into multiple panes! This allows you to have multiple command prompts open at the same time within the same tab.
You can now reorder your tabs!
Suppress Application Title
You can now suppress all title change events that are sent from the application running within your Terminal. This means, you can have either the
"tabTitle"of your profile appear in your tab without it updating!
There is no longer a thick border around the Terminal! The border is much thinner and will display your accent color when you have it set to do so in the Color page of your Windows settings.
- Line endings when pasting behave properly!
- Alt+Arrow-Keys no longer print extra characters!
- When you’re scrolled up, pasting now scrolls down to the prompt when using
- Quickly opening and closing tabs will crash less!
Cascadia Code updates:
- Greek, Cyrillic, and Vietnamese are now supported!
- We have a powerline (Cascadia Code PL) version!
- There is also a version that ships without coding ligatures (Cascadia Mono)!
You can download the app here from Microsoft Store.