At COMPUTEX event yesterday, Microsoft previewed Windows 8 for its hardware partners. During the demo, Microsoft detailed the hardware specifications of Windows 8.
- Windows 8 will be able to run on a wide range of machines because it will have the same system requirements or lower.
- Support for AMD Llano processor.
- “Not multiple versions of Windows, just one version of Windows running on all of them.”
- Qualcomm, NVIDIA and TI for ARM reference designs.
- Snapdragon with “always on, always connected.” mode.
- NVIDIA’s quad-core Kal-El support,
- Whether x86 or ARM, same app expereince.
- OEM Activation 3.0
- 1366 x 768 resolution for the best Windows 8 experience and 1024 x 600 for normal Windows experience.
- We have some recommendations on bezel sizes so you can easily hold the system and edge to edge glass screen.
- Support for SSD’s and wide range of sensors.
Source, Image Credit: Engadget