Microsoft today released Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 to Insiders in the Release Preview Ring. Alongside Insiders, Microsoft is also releasing Build 10586.218 for Retail devices today. If you own a device that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile out of the box, you will be able to get the new update, even if you are not part of the Windows Insider program.
For those wondering, the new build of Windows 10 Mobile does not introduce any new features, but it introduces several bug fixes and performacne improvements:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn’t load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
To get the latest update for your phone, just head over to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.