Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
With the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18305 (19H1), Microsoft introduced a brand new feature called Windows Sandbox, a lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely running applications in isolation. Recently, Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Cumulative Update 18305.1003 (KB4483214) which breaks this new feature. You have to uninstall this update to continue using Windows Sandbox. To prevent installation of this Cumulative Update again, use wushowhide.diagcab.
Windows Sandbox features:
- Part of Windows – everything required for this feature ships with Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. No need to download a VHD!
- Pristine – every time Windows Sandbox runs, it’s as clean as a brand-new installation of Windows
- Disposable – nothing persists on the device; everything is discarded after you close the application
- Secure – uses hardware-based virtualization for kernel isolation, which relies on the Microsoft Hypervisor to run a separate kernel which isolates Windows Sandbox from the host
- Efficient – uses integrated kernel scheduler, smart memory management, and virtual GPU