Just last night, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. The company released build 15060 yesterday for PCs. Today, Microsoft releasing build 15061 for Windows 10 PCs. Similar to the PC build that was released last night, build 15061 does not bring any new features apart from the usual bug fixes and improvements. We are getting really close to the Creators Update release now, so that’s know anything surprising.
Here’s the full list of bug fixes and improvements in 15061:
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected visual distortion when watching certain mp4 videos in Movies and TV on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in OOBE crashing when you tapped the birthday date field when creating a new account and email address.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in certain VPN connections being unexpecting missing from Network Connections.
- We fixed an issue where in recent flights, some Direct3D 9 games might periodically fail to launch. To work around this, it was necessary that your default display resolution be the recommended setting for your system. You can now return your display configuration to your preferred settings.
Here’s the list of known issues:
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112 â€“ reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. minder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
If you are in the Insider program’s Fast Ring, you can get the latest build on your PC by heading over to Windows Update on the Settings app.
And here’s a good old meme: